Engineered wood flooring is a great way to add warmth and beauty to your home, and it's relatively easy to install! To ensure you get a successful tongue & groove installation, here are a few tips to follow:
1. Start with a clean, dry, and level subfloor.
2. Make sure you leave an expansion gap around the perimeter of the room, as well as any other fixed objects.
3. Use a moisture barrier to protect your floor from damage caused by moisture.
4. Glue down the planks, making sure the glue is evenly spread.
5. Secure the planks to each other using a tongue and groove system.
6. Finish up by caulking the expansion gap and trimming off any excess material.
By following these steps, you can ensure a successful installation of your engineered wood flooring!